You’re definitely in the right place if you have decided to finally do something about those thoughts and beliefs that drag you down and make you feel inadequate. We talk about affirmations and the science that backs them up, we explore self-love and self-esteem, and we give you 50 self-love affirmations to get you to a higher place for good. You deserve to love yourself, lady.
Why Self-Love Affirmations are Important
Our past experiences and childhood have left an impression on us. Some good, some bad. Everyone has self-talk. Self-talk are those thoughts that play over and over in your head. Most of the time you may not even notice them.
Thoughts lead to emotions and actions. Ever caught yourself telling yourself you’re stupid for making a mistake, or you’re unlovable because a relationship didn’t work out? That’s the programmed self-talk and it’s not serving you at all.
Self-love affirmations work to replace that negative self-talk with positive beliefs about yourself.
I once had a best friend who would take every opportunity to put me down. When I made a mistake, she would tell me I was a failure. “I knew you would fail at this. You’ve had so many failures. Why even bother. Just give up,” she would say.
Why would I keep this best friend you may be thinking. Because that best friend was me. See there is no one who will spend as much time with you as you will. You are with yourself all the time.
Be your own best friend and a good friend at that. Be your own cheerleader. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself. Say the things to yourself that you would say to your best friend.
“Honey, everyone fails from time to time. The most important thing is that you tried. You had the courage to move forward and be vulnerable. That takes strength and you are a strong lady. You’ll pick yourself up and try again.” That’s what a good best friend would say. Be that for yourself.
Self-Love Affirmations for Self-esteem
Your self-esteem is your overall sense of worth. We are all of equal worth and priceless! However, your sense of worth is subjective. It’s what YOU feel you are worth. Our self-esteem impacts many things including our relationships, emotional health, decisions, and overall wellbeing.
People with low self-esteem may not feel confident enough to try new things, start new relationships, or value themselves enough in relationships. They often lack a sense of confidence in themselves which can affect their mood and emotional health. So it’s important to have healthy self-esteem, and self-love affirmations can help you get there.
Do Affirmations Work?
Science backs affirmations. A study found that affirmations work very well when participants repeated the affirmations after visualizing a positive memory in their life.
After visualizing that positive memory, the participants kept repeating the affirmations and visualized what their life would look like once the affirmations had taken effect. Participants who used these visualization techniques did much better with their affirmations than the control group who did not do any visualization.
So use visualization to ensure these affirmations are even more effective.
When to Repeat Your Self-Love Affirmations?
The best time to repeat your affirmations is right after you wake up or as you’re falling asleep. This is because your subconscious is most receptive to suggestions at these times.
You can record the affirmations and play them back to yourself.
50 Self-Love Affirmations
- I radiate self-love and confidence.
- Every day my love for myself is increasing.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I am loveable.
- I am a wonderful creation.
- My body mind and soul are precious.
- My confidence is increasing day by day.
- I am at peace with my past, it made me who I am today.
- I am priceless.
- I deserve happiness.
- I attract things that make me feel good.
- I deserve respect.
- I have so much potential.
- I can achieve anything if I put my mind to it.
- I am creating a beautiful life.
- I am worthy of success and wealth.
- People around me are seeing my confidence grow.
- There is no limit to what I can achieve.
- I am a good person.
- I attract friends who appreciate and respect me.
- The world is better for having me in it.
- I am in control of my life.
- I have the power to achieve my goals.
- I am appreciating my body more and more every day.
- My body enables me to do so much. I am thankful for that.
- I am becoming more resilient by the day.
- Putting myself in vulnerable situations shows strength.
- I will pick myself up when I fall. I’m strong.
- Failure shows that I’m trying and that I’m strong.
- I will have a growth mindset. I will be open to new opportunities.
- I will not believe every negative thing people tell me.
- I will surround myself with positive energy.
- I will spend time with people who make me feel good.
- I will be selective in what I allow in my life. If it doesn’t serve me, I won’t let it in.
- My dreams are coming true.
- I can manifest anything I desire.
- I am working towards my goals.
- I am consistent in my actions. I will achieve my goals.
- I deserve love from myself and others.
- I will not let criticism affect my self-esteem.
- I only take feedback that can improve my life.
- I always try my best, and that’s enough.
- I am selective in the opinions I listen to.
- I am unique and that’s a great thing.
- There is only one me and that’s a great thing.
- People around me will respect my boundaries.
- Past trauma doesn’t define me.
- I will write the rest of my story.
- I am in control of restoring my self-esteem.
- I attract people and things that add value to my life.
Look after your body, mind, and soul
Now that you have the affirmations covered, why not focus on holistic self-care. “I’m busy,” I can hear you say. Well, why not dedicate one day or a few hours to self-care? Self-care Sundays are a great way to carve out some self-love time. Read more: Self-Care Sunday: Complete Guide.